Thursday, November 13, 2008

buddhist dharma in captivity

On Walking Your Path

Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
- Harold Whitman

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?
-Rumi
On Enlightenment

Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?
-Rumi

Suffering also has its worth.
Through sorrow, pride is driven out
And pity felt for those who wander in samsara;
Evil is avoided, goodness seems delightful.
-Shantideva
On Gurus

I am present in front of anyone who has faith in me , just as the moon casts its reflection,effortlessly, in any vessel filled with water
-Guru Padmasambhava
On Love

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
-Rumi

“Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.”
-Rumi
On God

God is the mirror of silence in which all creation is reflected.
-Paramahansa Yogananda
On Living

Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.
-Rumi

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
-Rumi
On Death

I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
-Rumi